6 juin 2018

Anastasia The Musical by Darko Tresnjak


Helloooooo guys! I'm back with new content and something totally new to me because today I'm not gonna talk about books but about a Broadway show. Something you maybe didn't know about me is that I'm in love with Broadway. It's not a myth, Broadway gives chills and sparkles to your eyes and Anastasia The Musical by Darko Tresnjak is the perfect example!


In 1907 St. Petersburg, 
the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna comforts her youngest granddaughter Anastasia, who is saddened by the fact that her grandmother is moving to Paris. 
Before leaving, the Dowager Empress gives Anastasia a music box as a parting gift. 
Ten years later, a teenaged Anastasia is attending a ball with her family when the Bolsheviks invade the palace. 
As the Romanovs attempt to escape, Anastasia attempts to retrieve her music box only to be shot and presumed dead along with the rest of her family


I don't even kow where to start to be honest, the scenic opening was absolutely mind-blowing. The thing that I liked the most is the fact they made this representation really intimist. I had the feeling I was part of the scene and the cast. The musics gave me chills, I mean who never cried in front of Anastasia when they were little ? I did! Like thousand times but here I just couldn't handle the beauty of the scene, mixed with the dance and the voice of the different cast members.
You were pretty sure that everytime they were singing Once Upon A December, I was just in tears and sobbing!! I was not the only one in the audience and you could understand why from the opening song to the last one.




The costumes were absolutely amazing, everybody was stunning and especially the royal family. All the gowns, crowns and jewelery made my eyes shine from excitement like I was a four years old little girl. The makeup and hair were on point and I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't too much, it was just matching the scenery and the story as well as the personality of the different characters.
My eyes were wide-opened everytime they were changing costumes, which announced the opening of a new scene and they make that really entertaining.



Oooooh my! I think that was what surprised me the most, the play of light and the projections all around us. It gave me goosebumps!
One thing that is really important in Broadway shows, is the lighting. I mean for me at least, it plays a tremendous role and it helps me focus on what part of the scene is significant. I've been watching youtube videos of musical for years and DVD's of other musicals with my mom for years and it's completely different than watching the show live. You'll tell me "Of course it's different, it's live!" but I'll tell you precisely why it is so different to me. Because on a video even if you see the lighting and the projections, you don't live them like you do on live. And I swear it makes the difference. And that's why I recommend to go see a Broadway show if you come to New York, it's a must-do!



I think you might know what my general experience and impressions are but anyway I'm going to tell you. I HAD THE BEST TIME!
I really did! No jokes, I've been to one Broadway show when it was around Christmas and it was the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Hall (that I recommend if you're in New York around Christmas) but that was nothing compared to what I felt when we went to see Anastasia with my sister and her best friend. I think most of it is because we're such big fans of the movie and we watched it thousand times. But it was everything, the fact that the theater was small, it was intimate. The scenario was great and fit to the story you've seen on screen but most of all and it was something I wasn't expecting from this musical was the humor! It was HILARIOUS and really I'm not joking or overating the thing. It was really so much fun to watch and the characters of Vlad and Countess Lily, the duo was absolutely fantastic!
So without esitation if I could go back again, I 100% will! And I also recommend to go see it play if you're in NYC or that you come visit. It's definitely a must-see at Broadway at the Broadhurst Theatre.



Tell me if you guys liked this kind of reviews ? And if you're interested in more of those ? Will you be interested in TOP 5 of the Broadway shows I'd love to go see ?
Tell me all about it! And I'll see you soon.

Take care and be happy.

Love, 

Andréa.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire